The Responsible Company, released on May 15th, is written by Patagonia's owners and details out the reasons for and business benefits for creating a "responsible" company to the environment and communities. The book discusses what efforts Wal-Mart has made on that front, and it provides recommendations for other companies.
This book is incredible. Two books in I've read in that past 6 months have drastically changed my view of the world and my passion for change.
The Responsible Company is one of them. Eating Animals, by JSF is the other.
I sincerely thank the founders of Patagonia and the authors of this book for all that they are doing to make our world whole. It is people like them that inspire the rest of us to do better, to work harder, and to get as close as possible to a sustainable life, one in which we put back all that we take from the world.
I know that we have a long way to go, and a large mountain to climb both in politics, in societal education and in corporate practices. But, this book has reaffirmed that change is our responsibility. I accept the challenge - do you?
http://www.amazon.com/The-Responsible-Company-Yvon-Chouinard/dp/0980122783/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1341111664&sr=1-1&keywords=the+responsible+company
No comments:
Post a Comment