Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wellness

In conjunction with my whole living and wellness post from a few days ago, I decided on my way to work today that I would like to get more involved in hobbies.  This will create mental challenge, support my green effort by producing my own goods, and it will add to postivity and happiness in a well life.

I have interest in involving myself in the following hobbies for my hobby room:
1.       Piano
2.       Crocheting
3.       Knitting
4.       Crafts (see DIY on my Pinterest page)
5.       Painting – generally abstract
6.       Jam/Canning
7.       Sewing (e.g. clothes)
8.       Embroidery
9.       Quilting
10.   Stained glass
11.   Pottery
12.   Glass blowing

Continuation of the following:
1.       Cooking
2.       Baking
3.       Wine
4.       Reduce, reuse, recycle
5.       Reading

Re-involvement in the following:
1.       Journaling
2.       Meditating/yoga
3.       Exercise in some form

I will begin with crocheting.  I bought some bamboo hooks, an instruction book, and some organic yarn on Amazon for $36.  It will arrive in 5-8 business days.  I’m excited… I’ve never had a hobby, and I think the above will really help me meditate focus and promote health!
3 gratitudes for today:
1.  Hobbies
2.  Conversation - thanks, Markus!
3.  New hair color - re-died yesterday to be closer to natural and elimintate the 5 different colors in my damaged hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment