Today, I focus on whole living. As such, I enter in the realm of positive psychology to evaluate my life.
It comes to my attention that in order to live happily, contently, we have to change our perspective. Instead of thinking that achieving will bring happiness, we must first achieve happiness, which will in turn promote success.
So, in order to change my thinking, I will go after 5 things:
1. Every day, I will think of the 3 things for which I am grateful; 3 gratitudes, if you will.
2. Every day, I will journal about one positive event that happened in the last 24 hours.
3. I will exercise.
4. I will meditate - society has become one full of cultural ADHD, conditioning us to multi-task. Instead, I will focus on the task at hand.
5. I will do random acts of kindness. I have yet to determine what this really means - I think it could mean anything.
Today, I am grateful for:
1. Markus - his generosity and kindness. Every day, he does all of the dishes. He pays attention to my mood, and he tells me that he loves me.
2. My newfound attempt to go green. I'm excited about the possibility of finally making a difference.
3. My goal to read more this year. For years, I haven't been able to finish books. I get bored halfway through and stop reading. Now, I'm challenging myself to find books that really interest me, captivate me, and carry me through to the end. I'm enthralled by the goal of increasing my mental challenge, my mental stimulation and my education through literature.
No comments:
Post a Comment